Kenzie's Korner

A peek into Kenzie Rutabaga's exploration of Second Life

Monday, February 12, 2007

Random Babblings On A Theme......

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

I love that!!!!!! To be honest, i've found that i have some amazing friends in Second Life.....funny that...making friends in a virtual world, so is it virtual friendship? Hmmm.....

Well I don't think so. They're real as, well ....as real as any other friendship based on things that people tell you, cuz that's what SL is.....interaction of people, virtual or whatever!

And i'm sorry but to the people who say "SL is SL" and "RL is seperate from SL", well i say: Bah! That's utter crap! Your avatar and what you do/say is an extension of yourself....maybe not ALL of you, or the everyday you, or even the best parts of you, but it is YOU nonetheless. You create the sentences that you type, you react and interpret what others say to you, so that can't help but be YOU. Who else could it be, huh? And, if it is you, well then it's RL, right?

Unless you are some artificially intelligent computer creation who magically has managed to create a second life account......oooh, now that'd be an amazing feat! I'd like to meet you if that IS the case! Ha!

At least that's what I think anyway.....but hey, who am i in the scheme of things?!? Ya never know, i could be yer next virtual friend? hahahah!

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Adelle said...

Well, friendship is like peeing your pants eh??? - I'm gonna steal that for my profile!! hehe :P

/me ponders, ponders again, ponders some more.........

Youre right kenzie. I once said to a certain someone that my avatar is my avatar, and she is her own person, but with the feelings and emotion of the RL person behind her. I am different to my RL person, and act in different ways. But I feel the same feelings, I am sensitive in the same way as my RL self, feel emotion, hapiness, sadness, love and lust and... frustration in the same way as RL. But, my avatar isn't just an avater, its a character born from the creation of a mind with that minds same emotions and feelings.

Awesome kenzie, luv ya to bits!!!! and am really happy to have you as one of my friends, br it SL or RL, youre still awesome to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home